Saturday 16 April 2011

The Birthday....

So we made it through the birthday and birthday party!!! Chelsea's big day went off smoothly and a great time was had by all (or so im told....) I am most disappointed at the lack of photos i got on the day, compared to her first birthday (where i got hundreds) I got next to none this time round and am finding it VERY hard to find any good ones!! To all who know me would know that I am a HUGE photo taking person, I LOVE to take photos, knowing that I will have those memories forever is a great joy to me, I think Harvey Norman could purely run off the money they make from me printing my photos! Anyway, I will put a few below, but please note, they aren't my best!!

    The Cake...
The cake came together after hours of work the night before and then again in the morning, a 6 layered rainbow cake with handmade fabric mini bunting for the top and a spotty number '2' candle.

Each layer had to be baked individually as silly old me only had the one round cake pan the right size! So each layer, divided out at 1 & 1/2 cups mixture each and added with their chosen colour were baked for approximately 20 mins one at a time. Then they were all cooled (on the ONE cooling rack i had!!!) and prepared for getting iced with the butter cream icing that my mother and i slaved over to make perfect!! All this sounds simple enough, yet the man power and time put into this cake were phenomenal!!

Butter cream icing was made and so the stacking began, layer ~ icing ~ layer ~ icing ~ layer ~ icing and so on - until we get to the top layer and realise we have run out of icing!! 
At this stage it's 1am and my eyes are being held open by toothpicks, so i decide its time for bed and will finish the rest in the morning!!

The below is the end result:




Also on the menu:
~ Prawn with Lime & Pepper Aioli Mini Sandwiches
~ Curried Egg and Cos Mini Sandwiches
~ Rosewater Meringues with Persian Fairy Floss 
~ Custard Tartlets 
~ Buttermilk Scones With Jam & Double Cream
~ Fruit Platter
~ Mini Sponge cakes with Jam
~ Party Pies & Sausage Rolls
~ Puffy Dogs

Vintage Sheets and Doilies for a High Tea Feel.

Chocolate Muffins With Whipped Cream

Rosewater Meringues with Persian Fairy Floss

Paper Balloons and Fairy Lights 

The Bunting I Made from Vintage Sheets

Fruit, Custard Tarts, Scones W/ Jam & Cream, Mini Sponges with Jam

The Birthday Girl - Her Daddy Bought her a Tinkerbell dress ♡










5 comments:

  1. It looks as though you have put alot of work into your daughters birthday spread.......it looks amazing! That cake....WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day Beth.....I absolutely LOVE the cake.....what little person wouldn't love cutting the cake to find all of that coloured goodness inside. Happy Monday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. incredible! what an amazing birthday spread. love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rainbow cake is amazing...I have it by a pro on my pinterest and yours looks the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, i cant tell you how much im blushing right now! to come on and see 4 comments on my post loL!! its huge for me!! Thank you all so much! It was a great day, i just wish i had slowed down long enough to take some more photos!! But Chelsea loved it which is all that matters! The cake turned out brilliantly and actually tasted wonderful!! Big pats on the back for me ehhehe!! Thanks again all you lovely people!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete